Booking – A period during which the artist is supplied to the client.
Client – The person, group or establishment requiring the services of the artist.
Venue – The place in which the booking takes place
1) The terms below applies to every booking and residency offered to and accepted by the artist. Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment agrees to offer the artist the opportunity of a booking with a client. When a booking has been accepted the artist will be given a job acceptance communication by email or text message, the job acceptance communication will set out the category of work to be undertaken during the booking and the rate of pay. Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment reserves the right to withdraw the offer of the booking at any time.
2) The artist is under no obligation to accept any booking offered to him/her by Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment. If the artist does accept a booking he/she will: A) Entertain under the Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment name and any offers of further work or residencies MUST be passed to Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment. B) Comply with health and safety and all other policies and requests of the venue. C) Observe any request’s made by the client during the booking. D) Not engage in any conduct detrimental to the interests of the client or Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment. E) Keep confidential information relating to the clients employees business affairs, transactions or finances.
3) The artist acknowledges that he/she has not by virtue of this agreement or by accepting a booking become an employee of Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment, client, establishment or venue and that the nature of the artist work is such that there may be periods between bookings.
4) If the artist is working at a resident venue and wishes to take leave he/she must advise Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment 3 weeks before the leave commences.
5) If the artist will be absent due to illness he/she is asked to give at least 24 hours notice to Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment so that Real Music Promotions Ltd may arrange to provide an alternative artist to the client at the discretion of Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment.
6) The artist must allow an adequate amount of time to set up equipment for the booking. The time to set up needs to a minimum of half an hour before the start time, the artist could be penalised for starting late or not completing the full hours required for the booking.
7) Artist’s are offered bookings as artist’s and are under an agreement for their services. Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment shall pay artist’s a fixed amount of money per job carried out. It is the responsibility of the artist to deal with any legal deductions of tax and national insurance or any other purpose of which the artist is required by law to make deductions.
8) It is the responsibility of the artist to purchase any insurance or test any equipment that is required for the client, establishment or venues they visit.
9) Whilst at a resident venue the artist is advised not to drink alcohol or food as this can be interpreted as unprofessional and must conduct any cigarette break according to the venue manager. The artist must report to a venue manager upon his/her arrival and discuss these very important issues before there session begins.
10) Resident artist’s must understand that at festive periods extra money paid to them for such times as Christmas or New Year is purely at the discretion of the client, establishment or venue and Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment cannot be held liable for any extra pay.
11) If an artist is working at a venue for and on behalf of Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment and Real Music Promotions T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment should lose the contract or agreed business with the client, establishment or venue. Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment have the rights to take legal action against any artist who may decide work for them selves or any other agent for up to six months at that venue.
12) An artist who has any query connected with any aspect of his/her booking may discuss the query with Real Music Promotions Ltd T/a Hi-Tek Entertainment.
13) This agreement is reviewed yearly and you the artist are responsible for obtaining a copy. Copies of this agreement can be found on the company facebook page and on the website www.hi-tekentertainment.co.uk or by requesting a copy via email.
14) The working time regulations 1998 apply to this agreement, the artist hereby agrees to exclude the maximum weekly working time in accordance with regulation
15) The law of England and Wales applies to this contract and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction.
Thank you for taking time to read this agreement, any questions will be answered. By fulfilling your services either at a function or residency this agreement and its contents have been agreed upon by the artist.